“Learn to be quiet enough
to hear the genuine within yourself
so that you can hear it in others.”
Marian Wright Edelman
this week i painted with my little ones
i l♥ved this silhouette of the little birdie in the tree
so i decided to try and cut out the background...
challenging as i misplaced my cutter
so tiny medical scissors at hand i cut as best as i could...
then added the words
~in the quiet of this day~
these words are very powerful to me
silence
we learn so much from remaining quiet
we see and hear life
in such a different manner
“If I could define enlightenment briefly
I would say it is
''the quiet acceptance of what is.''”
Wayne Dyer
~may you sit in silence for a moment today~


10 comments:
Even with the hubbub of small children who resemble a pack of ravening dogs more than a Norman Rockwell calendar, I always take time for quiet in my own day. Maybe the world around me is noisy, but I can still quiet internally, tune out, tune in. Acceptance is beautiful.
May you have your moment of silence today as well.
I will just respond to some of your recent thoughts all in one shot here. . .
I think at some point or another, it's important to evaluate the relationships in our lives. I know for myself, I have had friendships where I have had to walk away in order to preserve my own sense of health and sanity because just as you describe, the other person refused no matter what happened or what was said to take a different route. They would suck any bit of attention possible from you in order to try to fill some gaping wound in them they refused to find a better way to heal...and yes. That is one of the hardest decisions to make because you want to see them well. You want to help. The worst thing to accept is that you can't always. They have to do it for themselves, and all you can do is hope that one day, they will.
*big huge hugs* You have to take care of you, darlin.
Beautiful pictures and meaningful words :)
beautiful art, and lovely words. just a few minutes of solitude and quiet ALWAYS center me. thanks for the reminder.
You should frame this one. It's really lovely and peaceful. I love the image of black birds and branches. Always have. Awesome job with your project this week!!!
I love your pictures and spiritual words. They offer an oasis of peace.
I loved your picture and words. They are so true. Now that I have a daughter I truly treasure the moments that are quiet because I know when she wakes up from her naps life will be happily chaotic!
I love the shading of the colors and the use of multi media. Very cool!
this is so serene ... i love the large amount of empty space and that lovely silhouette ... it is amazing when our children do drop into concentrated silence - like the sound of snow falling. heavenly!
I found your second painting so peaceful. It was mesmerizing!
Post a Comment
~your thoughts i do adore...thank you so for taking time to leave your words of wisdom~