Jessie Wilcox Smith 1863-1935
she dreams of the sea
the moments when she can run free
chasing the tide
counting the waves
she dreams of the sea
the beach
where there is endless grains of sand
shells that sings songs of time
she dreams of the sea
the salty air
the misty haze
she dreams of the sea
enchanted ones
whom only she sees
sirens that speak
for only her ears
she dreams of the sea
a cool breeze the carries her in its arms
swirling around and around
she dreams of the sea
the bits of rocks
the shards of glass
tumbled so softly
glistening in the sun
treasures from days gone by
she dreams of the sea
oh mama...when will it be
Here is your next prompt (write a piece of children's poetry, verse, or post your interpertation of the prompt- enjoy)....after you have finished link your site here and on your blog link back to Monday's Child at http://childrensverse.blogspot.com/
Note: you can post from Monday morning thru Sunday --- than every Monday morning there will be a new prompt..Please visit the others and comment on their work...thank you all for helping me spread the word...
All rights of illustrations belong solely to illustrator indicated used here at Monday's Child for inspirational writing purposes only. All original writers posting at Monday's Child retain copyrights to their writings.


15 comments:
lovely dream of the sea.
fun and delightful read.
i just loved this...thankyou for sharing such a beautiful piece...xxx
i've read this beautiful poem to my 7 year old daughter and she just loved it.
Dear lady,
I love this poem, it is charming and full of desire to be a the sea. How very wonderful!
Thank you for your kind comments, always, I love hearing from you.
Lovely and soft piece of poetry, like the dream you speak of...you can sense the enchanement she feels being so close to the sea..and the reassurance of her mama near....Beautiful Monday's Child....bkm
This was so beautiful. Lovely and charming. Makes me want to go out to the sea.
Mary
This is a beautiful poem! Happy Thursday, my dear friend!
Lovely dreams of the sea!
what a sweet and tender idea...
love the verse and the picture you chose.
Faerwillow, your poem just brought me the soothing breeze of the sea...
And thank you for your kind words. You are always so generous. I would say the same thing about your gentle soul and probably so much more, my sweet friend...(an embrace)
What a wonderful poem! And I love the last line about her Mama! Thank you too for your visit and kind words - they really mean a lot, Kristin xo
I dream of the sea too...
Lovely poem!
very charming, thank you for sharing it with us.
Now this one really made me miss the beach and the ocean. I can almost smell the salty air. I am now living in Kansas. As far from the beach as one can get I guess. But I remember my days in the oceans and the gulf. And this lovely piece made it even easier to remember. Thanks! :)
That's so lovely, I read it again and again. I do so enjoy my visits to your blog, I've been reading all your recent posts too and enjoying your lammas inspirations!
Post a Comment
~your thoughts i do adore...thank you so for taking time to leave your words of wisdom~