~i had ants in my pants~
not just one but TWO
are these not FIERCE looking little ants
they are EVERYWHERE
not just ONE
but a whole ARMY or TWO
are marching along the back of our fence
(this all stems from my l♥vely neighbor)
i will not say any more
and through my flowers
we have battled these guys before
and WON
but now they have come back
MULTIPLIED
by what sems like HUNDREDS
AN
they
AREN'T TAKING MERCY ON ANYTHING
as i was enjoying my day outside
yesterday afternoon
laying in the grass
enjoying all that was quietly passing before me
i feel it
i feel those little ity bity legs
marching up mine
i jumped up
afraid
that at any moment
they would take a bite
i run inside and start shaking my legs
and low and behold
TWO little SUCKERS
come falling to the ground
looks like
we will be preparing
for
BATTLE
once more



20 comments:
Just one of the little annoyances that take away some of our pleasure of the great outdoors. We have the same problem here...get rid of one nest and they build twenty more.
Six words for you: Are your pants now without ants?
I'm so sorry. Good luck with the battle; those things look small, but they are tough and resilient...and have a powerful bite!
Get out the Borax and gird for battle!
This was such an entertaining post! Even though those are scary looking ants!
Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment my blog! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
(P.S. -- I'm a new follower!)
Great post & great blog. I'll be popping back to have another read through!
My 6 words for you: How awful that must have been!
Happy 6WS - and look forward to *seeing* you again next time!
LOLA:)
I am now itching and scratching! Is that a super duper zoom in lens or how big are those suckers!! What kind of camera do you have, I love your pics. Is it digital or do you develop your own photos?
Cleverly phrased, looks like a true battle brewing!
Happy Mother's Day!
(My Mom passed on last October at age 85..sure do miss her)
I can just feel that telltale itch. Of course, my legs have been itching all week, but not from those nasty little ants. I'll be doing battle soon. This is about the time of the year they find their way to my cat's bowl,
Mary
creative,
lovely images!
Happy Mother's Day!
You sure don't want to take any of these guys camping with you!
Happy 6WS! Thank you for peeking in on mine.
..
Good luck!! :S
my 6 words for you.... oh my how freaky that is! what pesky creatures they are but we must all learn to get along lol! happy saturday!
The ants have you badly outnumbered.
Cheers!
JzB
Great post and I feel for you.
Caroline
I have ants in my kitchen! Although I seem to have been able to win the battle, there are still a few that insist on sticking around.
Good luck with your any problem. That would upset me also...great poem and matching words....aewsome blog! Thanks for visiting me!
I don't do "creepy-crawly" very well myself!
Are they fire ants? I'd be freaking out ;P
Yikes! I hate it when nature messes with my enjoyment of nature!
Thanks for playing 6WS!
Ants can be a pain...especially when they are in the pants! Ha!
Happy Wednesday!...I am late reading SWS posts.
Post a Comment
~your thoughts i do adore...thank you so for taking time to leave your words of wisdom~