mama, what's the world coming to?
yesterday as we ventured out...fog was thick...rainy...
or shall i say a terrential down pour...
look out your window...water sprays above their windows...
fire truck comes roaring down the street...
police lights flashing from the side
photo camaras flashing one after another
cars screaming by to only come to a screeching hault...
lady driving like a maniac...
she's gonna cause an accident i say outloud
and then i hear those words from a wee little one...
"mama...what's the world coming to?"
i tried hard to keep from laughing...
i guess in the eyes of a little one...
all this chaos...could seem as if the world was truly falling apart
so i think we'll pack our bags today
and run away to the little house in the tree
where time is only a sweet reminder of the days ticking away
where all is peaceful


10 comments:
"Where all is peaceful" sounds wonderful.
Sounds like a smart child! I wish I knew what the world was coming too!
Quite beautiful. I'd like to go there. Perhaps if I click my heels ;)
I wanna come to the treehouse - get me out o fhere! says Baby Bird
Untoward things happen.
What is the world coming to?
How will we survive?
Six-Word sleepless!
The world is no longer the world I grew up in. I find myself longing for those days.
Mary
Beautiful.
Happy 6WS
It's coming to snow drifts, here.
A six word response from the
Fortress.
That's a wonderful idea. That's what the world is coming to, people like you who care.
My sister and I had a tree house without a clock. We would spend hours up there, reading, talking, and dreaming.
Happy 6WS! Thanks for peeking in on Adi. I wish your kids could have a dog, beagles are sooooooo gentle and loyal.
..
Lovely post. The one thing I miss about not having kids of our own is enjoying their insight on things.
Thanks for playing 6WS!
Post a Comment
~your thoughts i do adore...thank you so for taking time to leave your words of wisdom~